We are currently running a campaign called “Stand up for greyhounds and lurchers in Wales” to highlight the need to join or renew membership of GRW. It gives six reasons why we need our membership to grow and is included here for your information:
If you really care about the lives of greyhounds and lurchers it’s now time to stand up and be counted and put your name on the dotted line of our membership forms. Standing on the side-lines and wishing us well is not enough anymore.
- The pace of change at Greyhound Rescue Wales has increased dramatically. We now own our own sanctuary, have rebuilt our website and membership database, have more than quadrupled the number of dogs we have rescued and rehomed and are about to open several new shops all in the space of two years. This growth needs to be built on firm financial foundations and that security can only be achieved by a wide and active membership.
- The amount of influence we hold is directly related to the number of members we have
- It’s now so easy. You can sign up and pay from the comfort of your own home using our website. But if you are old school we still accept membership forms on paper and cheques through the post
- It’s not expensive! If you set up and pay by a standing order, you won’t even miss it.
- You won’t get dozens of money off offers, or loads of junk mail, instead what you get by joining Greyhound Rescue Wales is that priceless feeling of being part of an organisation that is saving the lives of hundreds of greyhounds and lurchers every year – but we will send you our twice yearly magazine “Greyhound News” as well as our “Greyhound Chat” e-newsletter
You can help us by becoming a member of GRW. You don’t have to have a greyhound/lurcher or even a dog at all! Your membership will help us to save more and more hounds, and the regualr income that membership brings us allows us to plan better for the future. As a member you will receive regular updates from us including our twice yearly Greyhound Express magazine – and the thanks from all of our hounds!
We have three categories of membership
Honorary Life Membership
This is, as it says for ‘Life’ and is for those members who were previously paid up Life Members and for new members, awarded by the Trustees as a mark of exceptional contribution to GRW
This category is granted automatically to all who adopt one of our dogs and runs for one year from the date of adoption. After the initial year members must renew their membership and pay the relevant fee. As a ‘Member’ in this category you receive our bi-annual publication “Greyhound Express” as well as our periodic e-newsletter “Greyhound Chat”. You are able to vote at our AGM or EGM meetings
If you do not renew your membership after the one year complimentary period, and all other members on our database are classed in this category and receive our bi-annual publication “Greyhound Express” as well as our periodic e-newsletter “Greyhound Chat”. Whilst welcome at our AGM or EGM meetings where you are free to speak to any item, you are not able to vote.
There are many benefits of becoming a member – both to you and the dogs. Membership provides a valuable source of income to support our work and also enables you to keep in touch with the organisation and its activities.
Current membership fees
- Waged Single
1 year £30
- Waged Household
1 year £40
- Unwaged Single
1 year £15
- Unwaged Household
1 year £20