Hi all GRW supporters, It seems time to write this again now two months have passed since the last edition. Things move very quickly in the world of GRW at the moment!!
• The Blackwood shop is open six days a week, has a good range of volunteers helping out and we are very grateful for all the donated goods that are arriving – it all helps. Judy (the shop manager) has asked me to pass on our thanks to everyone for making her so welcome! And our thanks to her for making a success of the shop so far!
• Ruthin shop has a new member of staff – Nicola Roberts. Welcome to the team Nicola, your youth, enthusiasm and ability to sell items on EBay on behalf of GRW will all help. If anyone does do any transaction using PayPal on the internet, then nominate GRW through Pay Pal giving and the dogs will benefit from that.
• We have received Planning Permission for our kennels at Hillcrest. Great work from everyone to get this through, we can now complete some works at Hillcrest for the benefit of those dogs still in kennels!
• You will all hopefully have received our latest edition of Greyhound Express. We are always grateful for suggestions of items for inclusion into our twice yearly magazine and as always are very grateful for the hard work of the editorial team in getting it produced. If you have not received it, then please check if you are a member of GRW to ensure that you receive it in future
.• We have homed a massive 217 dogs so far this year – a new record – well done all the homecheckers, volunteers and Hillcrest staff in making this possible.
• A huge thank you to all the friends of GRW who have given so generously to the Last Hope Fund to help us look after dogs like Norma Jean, Johnny Cash, Twinkle (Hollie) and Spotty. The fund was exhausted but you rallied round and we have been able to save Norma Jean!
• We have some very dedicated hard working members who are Trustees of GRW, but we have one gaping hole and that is for a Treasurer from next June. We need someone to help us with the day to day management of our finance – recording income and paying bills, especially wages! I f you can help with this please call 03000123999
• There have recently been some very successful social events and gatherings of volunteers. Great fun has been had at the walks, quizzes and evenings out. Have a look on the Events section of the website and come and join in if you can!
• It never ceases to amaze me of the generosity of people. Last weekend, across all Wales we raise over £2,200 in two street collections and two store collections – thank you to the kind folk of South, Mid and North Wales, volunteers and houndies for turning out on a chilly December Saturday.
• Jon Baker is making a more permanent move to the south west of Wales and is hoping that some volunteers will step forwards from south east Wales to lead the fundraising in that geographical area. Again please get in touch if you can help!
• Have you got any family/friends who ‘have everything’ and are looking for a lasting gift for them|? Try Sponsor a Dog or Sponsor a Kennel. There are links on the website to forms for both of these.
May I conclude with many thanks for all the support that you give to the dogs in our care and wish you very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.