Hi all GRW supporters, this is the first of what I hope to be a regular posting to update everyone on what is going on in general about GRW. Please let me know if you think it is helpful!
- Whilst Sharon Lewis has retired from her North Wales coordinator role, she has agreed to continue with organising some events – the Dog Show and the Great Greyhound Sunday. Keep up the great work Sharon and many thanks for all the hours of fund raising you have done! The dogs are very grateful!
- Sophie Bradley has agreed to co-ordinate fund raising activity in the North – thank you Sophie!! Do you really know what you have agreed to do?
- We have a new volunteer based at Hillcrest, Jon Baker has temporarily moved there to do some additional work for GRW and will make a donation to GRW for the privilege! Thank you Jon – the dogs are benefiting from your input at Hillcrest.
- GRW has appointed a shop manager for the Blackwood shop, Judy Badcock and she begins her duties on Monday 6th October and many thanks to Angie Webb who has done a huge amount of work to get the shop ready for opening as quickly as possible.
- We hope soon to have a Trainee Shop Manager to help in the Ruthin shop, through Jobs Growth Wales – fingers crossed!!
- Both shops need regular items of clothing, Bric a Brac, books and home wares donated in order to help us generate the income we need to keep Hillcrest going!
- Both shops also need volunteers to man them so that they can stay open longer, sell more and create more income! Get in touch if you want to help!
- Roger Thomas, our treasurer, has indicated to us that he wishes to retire from his day to day work with GRW at the next AGM. We cannot function without a treasurer – would anyone like to help us out in this role? First of all to shadow Roger? Please get in touch if you can help.
- We have two new Trustees – Carolyn Graves-Brown – our new secretary and Beth Richardson – new North Wales homing coordinator. Welcome to you both – you are great assets to our team!
I think that is enough for now – the Trustees are being kept very busy with all these developments; we need all the support we can get!