Job Title: Hillcrest Rehoming Centre Manager
Responsible to: The Board of Trustees of Greyhound Rescue Wales (GRW)
Location: Greyhound Rescue Wales Rehoming Centre:
Hillcrest Cottage, Bryncethin Rd., Garnant, Ammanford SA18 1YS (Required to live on site)
Salary: £24,353 pa plus on site accommodation
Hours: 40hrs per week to be worked flexibly, including some weekend and Bank Holiday working
Do you have a passion for the welfare of greyhounds and lurchers?
Can you love and care for GRW’s main asset – Hillcrest Cottage, Kennels and grounds?
Can you manage and develop all aspects of a Rehoming Centre for unwanted greyhounds and lurchers in Wales?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
The Role of the Hillcrest Manager is to assure the proper functioning of the GRW Rehoming Centre and to ensure the highest standards of care for the greyhounds and lurchers on site.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has a passion for the welfare of greyhounds and lurchers
- Can maintain the highest possible standards of care for the dogs at Hillcrest, carry out assessments and rehabilitation, and prepare them for transition to a successful rehoming
- Will develop and manage additional income generating activities at the site with minimal negative impact of dogs in our care
- Is highly self-motivated, and can motivate and manage a team of paid and voluntary staff
- Can effectively manage GRW systems and processes, extracting and analysing data to maximise the sustainable rehoming of dogs
- Can manage the overall day to day supervision and management of the property and ensure that it complies with relevant licensing, other statutory requirements, and any standards which may be established by GRW
- Can minimise the impact of operational activities on the environment, promoting energy conservation and the conservation and development of biodiversity of the site
- Can engage effectively with GRW personnel, partner organisations, regulatory bodies and members of the public
- Has the skills and enthusiasm to maintain the high standards already in place
You will work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the position and to ensure the welfare of the dogs in your care. This is a vocational post and you will be highly motivated to manage the Rehoming Centre to achieve the highest possible standards in all aspects of its operation. The post holder will be highly adaptable and have the required skills in order to run the Centre.
It is a requirement of this post that the successful candidate takes up residence at the Hillcrest Rehoming Centre.
Applications from individuals, couples, job sharers are welcomed.
For an initial conversation please call Lindsay Jackson (Chair) on 07875168166, Abbie Conway (Hillcrest Manager) on 07894330107 or Sandra Wynne (Rehoming Manager) on 07846102692
To apply: please complete the GRW Application form and letter (maximum 400 words) indicating how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification and send to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not send a CV.
Closing Date for applications: 12 noon on 10th February 2020